Do capricorn men think of the past or move on?

12/5/2009 3:26:03 PM | More
iteen

I am a Pisces and I fell in love with a Capricorn man.

We stayed in the same apartment, became friends initially and then as we were moving towards being close friends, one night he casually remarked that he liked me so much he could marry me. It was a joke, i know. But he said it with a lot of intensity. I didnt know what it meant, I had not thought of him more than a friend before that, but this remark stayed in my head and i started falling for him.

One eve, much later, I told him that "we could give it a shot" and left it at that. Many days later he came to me and said he needed time, but we kept growing closer. Suddenly one day we were kissing and after that Bam! we moved very fast over the next few weeks. He opened up to me like he never did to anyone else. He did say he liked me a lot but never committed. And then suddenly he started ignoring me (Like a typical cappie). I became insecure when he ignored, so we fought and broke off.

But since we stayed in the same apartment, we crossed each others way a lot. A few months later he tried very hard to become friends again. He brought gifts on my birthday, made dinner etc but i was too hurt (for many reasons) so I said no and said i needed time. I stopped talking to his other friends too. and ended up being cold and hurt him unintentionally because i was pretty broken inside. (We both hurt each other in many many ways on many occassions)

After a few months I cooled down, and then tried to be friends, but by then he was hurt i guess, so he said no.
We still stayed together for four-five more months. I cared a lot for him when he was ill. Over these four months I did tell him and show him how much i loved him and cared for him. On and off we did nice things for each other, but mostly ignored each other.

When we were moving out, we had a nice dinner together. He hugged me and cried (he DOES NOT CRY ever!!!)as if he was losing something really dear. And now its been four months since. We havent spoken at all. I told him I wont get in touch, coz i had tried my level best to mend the friendship and relationship. He knows and acknowledges that. I gave my 100% and then decided to move on, thinking that if he needs me he will make an effort, if he doesnt he was not mine.

But I know I have made some mistakes and hurt him a lot too. Its his birthday soon. I dont know if I should do anything?
Im not sure if he ever thinks of me?
12/5/2009 4:42:07 PM | More
iteen

Thanks for the reply.
Well i know it isnt long. But Capri men are known to be rock solid and very stubborn. They are known to be workaholics who have no time to think about other things. Thus, I wonder if he would ever think of me, or miss me? I know he is too egoistic, so he may not call.
12/5/2009 5:10:14 PM | More
iteen

Come on guys! any capri men out there please help me!
I just wonder if I should do something for his birthday? or should i actually not do anything? would he miss me then? last year i gave him the best birthday surprise ever (he said so!)
12/5/2009 7:26:58 PM | More
GeorgiaPeach

Obviously this is not abt wishing him happy bday. Just because you care abt him doesnt mean you go out of your way to get his attention. He should be seeking your attention. That is how you know he is thinking of you. Less is more. Men like a challenge, so give it to him. Give it to him by going on with your life without him. And dont fall for the crying, that is a bunch of bull. If he has commitment issues then leave him to next chic to be her headache not yours. A man can not fully commit to a woman for years and make all the excuses because she accepts it and continues to be a part of his life, but that same man can meet another woman and commit because that woman is independent and not clingy and is not going to settle for less or wait around for that frog to turn into a prince.
12/6/2009 4:50:50 PM | More
snowball543

I am a cap female who had a 7 years relationship with a cap male who I was engaged to a year and a half into our relationship and am surrounded by cappies (I love them in my day to day activities.

Age/maturity level will have a large part to play with your cap’s behavior:

“He did say he liked me a lot but never committed. And then suddenly he started ignoring me (Like a typical cappie).” I’m sorry but this statement hear makes me think he was more interested in sleeping with you than in actually starting a relationship with you (at least at that time). While its true that cappies usually need time to commit (we tend to weight the pros and cons in our heads first) and to feel actual emotion for a potential love interest; we also are very competitive and WILL not let someone we REALLY care about go without a fight (especially if we know they are into us since there is no fear of rejection). In other words, if he wanted you (even if he was not ready for a commitment) you would have known about it no questions asked (unless he is/was immature and unable or unwilling to commit).

“A few months later he tried very hard to become friends again. He brought gifts on my birthday, but..I said no and said i needed time.” Ouch!! It seems as if he said some hurtful things in the heat of the moment (which caps can do sometimes a quality I dislike in myself and work on daily) and tried to make it up to you and you rejected him. A sin in the eyes of a typical cappy, who despite a sometimes cool and untouched exterior is incredibly loving, patient, and forgiving to those they love. In return, they tend to expect these qualities in others as well (although they will likely not admit it, this is what allowed me and my cappy to get along so well, we didn’t hold grudges and knew despite the harsh words we still loved one another.)

“Its his birthday soon. I don’t know if I should do anything? Im not sure if he ever thinks of me?” I don’t think you should do anything over the top, given your history you will look too easy and caps tend to like a challenge, however, I would send him a card with a nice message (nothing too mushy but maybe a private joke or comment that only you two would get) with an open end which would allow him to comment you IF HE so chooses. Send the card so he will get it on the day of his birthday or second best the day before, but definitely not after. Don’t be surprised if he doesn’t call you right away since he wi
12/6/2009 4:54:36 PM | More
eric11

male

Honestly that all depends on what your motive is. If you are just trying to do something nice for him on his birthday with no strings attached then yes it, but if not than my answer is no. Your relationship doesn't sound healthy and why resurrect a bad thing?

12/6/2009 4:56:58 PM | More
snowball543

likely be surprised to hear from you and if he doesn’t contact you, then its probably best for you to let it go.

“They are known to be workaholics who have no time to think about other things.” The workaholics part is right the not thinking about other things is not true, although it may appear that way on the surface.” “I know he is too egoistic, so he may not call.” LOL very true but this is also where maturity goes into play.

“But that doesn't mean he doesn't think about you occasionally. I guess it would depend on how bad of terms you fell off. “ Scorpio_chic nailed it exactly!! If the breakup was bad and he felt like F^% U then he is likely done and moved on…

“If he has commitment issues then leave him to next chic to be her headache not yours. A man can not fully commit to a woman for years and make all the excuses because she accepts it and continues to be a part of his life, but that same man can meet another woman and commit because that woman is independent and not clingy” GeorgiaPeach is right…if a cap wants you trust me you’d know it and caps tend to respect and require a certain level of independence from their partners.

Good Luck

12/8/2009 7:09:21 AM | More
dogsbody

male

Im a Cap Male and contrary to the myths about us, we do think a lot about the people that are in and out of our lives.
I immerse myself in my work, but i still think about people , I never forget anyone.

Trust Me, He Thinks About You
And Yes, Get Him Something For His Birthday, What harm can it do?
12/8/2009 8:51:20 AM | More
warholian

i contain multitudes: Ascendant in Ar

If you didn't get me something for my birthday, I'd be pissed.
12/8/2009 10:29:27 AM | More
BaBy-GrL414

female from Wisconsin  USA

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus O

i dated one for about a year. UGh worst mistake of my life.. but anyway, to this day he still tries to reach out to me. It's been about 4 years since I have seen him. I don't reach out to him EVER. But every few months he kind of checks in with me. Tries to see if i have a man or not. I give him NOTHING. Yet, every few months.. it's the same thing.

So, if you meant something to him, i beleive he would still at least think of you. If he wanted you, i believe he would at least check in with you getting a feel of your current situation.
12/8/2009 2:46:41 PM | More
iteen

Hi all, Thanks a lot for the responses! they are all really helpful!

@Babygirl: yes he always kept a very keen eye on what i was upto. He would always find out where i was going and what i was doing, even if i just went out with friends.

@snowball: thanks a ton! your comments are particularly helpful. You are right, if he wanted me, I should have known. But thats where im confused. He told me he does not want me. But he kept sneaking around and casually spying to find out about me. He did not bother talking to me, but he could not hear anything against me from anyone else. He used to fight for my pride. He would nevver come back to talk after a fight.... he would nevver say sorry he would just go into his shell.

Im not even sure how we left off... it was definitely not ugly... we had dinner and he cried!! but it was a mutual decision to not keep in touch. And since then, I changed my numbers, moved out of country and blocked him off chat so even if he did try, I would not know...

@eric: you nailed it, the question is what do i want? i wish i knew i guess i still love him, i just havent been able to move on. Im not sure if he is coming back or not...Im not sure if he loves me. I wanted to give him space to figure it out...

12/16/2009 12:24:46 PM | More
BaBy-GrL414

female from Wisconsin  USA

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus O

Castor, i just don't see it ever again. I felt so caged in it was horrible. and that was from the Long Distance Relationship mode, i can't even fathom what he would have been like living with him. And the worst thing about it all, was that he was 45 so he was a little over 10 years older than me. How much longer does a man need to grow and mature?? If you aren't mature and handle your business by then, i'm sorry not interested in training a grown man. now with work he was stable. Very much so, but not when i came to women. He would twist my words trying to set me up. He lied so bad, so much so, that i did some serious investigating and he was soooooo telling me so many lies. I guess he figured since i lived half way across the country that he could run whatever game he wanted and that doesn't work with me. I could start my own private investigation service if i wanted to. lmao

It was the worst relationship i had been in, and that includes the virgo ex husband of mine. At least he was openly horrible to me. This cappie was so manipulative to get his way, ugh i could go on and on about him.
12/16/2009 10:26:54 PM | More
ninjamu

Ascendant: Aquarius Sun: Leo Moon

my cap friend/love interest sure does! i cut him outta my life back in june and i finally decided to give it another shot this month to really just be friends. at first he met me with excitement and giddiness. then he started to berate me for not talking to him! he called me a jerk and kept saying that he thought i hated him. he knew damn well why we had to stop seeing each other for a while! he's so weird! i've told him countless times in the past just how special he was to me. it's just that we couldn't control ourselves, he had a gf, and i'm not a home wrecker.
12/17/2009 11:26:07 AM | More