What does my Taurus man really want.

3/24/2005 8:37:03 AM | More
Catkins

Hello everyone. Really hoping that someone can shed a little light on this for me as it is causing a rift between myself (Aqua female)and the love of my life (Taurus male).

Been together now for over a year and at Christmas I asked him what he would like most of all. He said (wrapped up in a joke) that he wished I was more dominant and confident but also that he wanted to do all the work between the sheets. This was a big shock to me as we have (i thought) a very harmonious life and I can't get it out of my mind. He won't talk about it any more and it is no good pressing it.

Can anyone please help me understand. Very grateful for any input...thanks.
3/26/2005 3:36:35 AM | More
Catkins

Hello Parralax - and thanks for the insight. Are you a Taurus? Ok, can understand the doing all the work thing although it does seem sometimes that I am being a little selfish although being an aquarian it may be that I am just a little bit too humanitarian to see others do all the work.

Not sure about that crop though!!

I may have got the dominant thing wrong though. Think what i really meant was comming over as a stronger more confident person rather than someone who just acts so defferrential around him. I am quietly confident and strong but I know he needs his rest so don't actually demand anything from him i.e I don't try and tell him where he is going wrong with his career (in a very dangerous job which he hates)tell him to get himself sorted out when he should be etc. Difficult for me because I am a psychologist and can see him losing his way all the time and I want to help but feel not right to use my skills in such a personal relationship. Any ideas what would happen if I just took charge of the situation and started laying down the law a bit. He's very much in the days when men were men and woman were glad of it if you follow and I don't want to come over as if I have lost all my femminine charm (which he loves). Again, any light you can shed would be gratefully received. Catkins
3/26/2005 8:24:26 AM | More
msmindy

55 years old female from Eastern North Carolina

Hi Catkins,

I'm aquarius married to a taurus for 14 years this august. Yes, he is still very sexual. That's our big argument in life. He wants more, more and more! He wants me to initiate the sex and yes he wants to be the one that pleases. Sex is what makes him tick.

I agree with Sweet-P, he is an all or nothing kind of man. He is definitely a man's man. When we first got together, his saying to me was "I'll handle it." That made me fall in love with him. But yet with my guy, he would rather I handle all the finances, groceries, cooking, etc and then he can play and do what he wants. As long as you're beside him not behind him or ahead of him, it works.

No, he doesn't express his feelings well. Only by his affection and what he can do for you when he wants to do it. You will need to pull the reins in on spending habits. He likes his toys and they ain't cheap!

Good luck in your relationship. It can work, but it will take the two of you to make it happen.
3/26/2005 10:55:36 AM | More
msmindy

55 years old female from Eastern North Carolina

It was great in the beginning of our relationship also. I was 29 he was 24. Fabulous! But now that I'm older (46) and have more demands on my life, I just feel that I can live with it or without it. He doesn't of course. Oh, I still love him immensely. He's my best friend. He grounds me emotionally also. Sometimes a little too much, but I probably need to be. Sex is still incredible with him, just not as often as he wishes it to be! As I age (gg, do I sound that old?!!) I just feel there should be more to love than sex. Especially with someone that I have been with for so long.
3/27/2005 7:51:01 AM | More
Catkins

Hi - thank you all for your comments - so true. Arn't they just delightful! Mine has the remarkable knack of pulling the carpet from under my feet just when I start to think he is the same as the other signs. A couple of weeks ago we were comming down the escalator and when we got to the bottom, he took my hand (in front of everyone else) and said to be careful getting off as there was a large gap. Made me feel like a queen - how can any woman resist a prince charming like that xx. The other thing I have noticed about him is that even though he speaks very little, every word seems to count. When I get unsure about our relationship and ask him if he still cares for me (many times over in the same sentence) he can just say the word "yes" and It is so reassuring.

msmindy - I too am 46. I wouldn't worry about him wanting more sex from you, may want to start worrying that one day when he may not want sex from you!! (as if that's ever going to happen).
4/7/2005 1:14:32 PM | More
jollyjas

sweet p you said:
Anyway he does like to be dominant yes but he's an all or nothing man. I'm quite forceful in that area myself (venus in aries lol) but he is old fashioned in that sense. He's happy to lose control and submit but it's all about how I go about it.
---
LOL all in how you go about it! so true. LOL.. he submitted, but then he's 'this just isnt' working' LOL, then he took control again

4/7/2005 1:16:33 PM | More
jollyjas

hey msmissy
I'm 49 and he's 51. we keep up fine.. no problem there. energy is still there! lol
4/11/2005 12:00:49 PM | More
seizeTheDay

Sun: Aries 15.59 Ascendant: Virgo 8.3

I'm a fan of Carmen.. but for different reasons other than it's a wonderful opera...
4/14/2005 6:06:47 PM | More
KocoaHauntis

43 years old female from Maryland  USA

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a post!! From the plural of taurus to the carmen thing...UH...whew I needed that!!!