Traits of fwb

Why do some women go in the fwb for you and others for dating and relationships? Which qualities or lack thereof do these fwb women posses? Or is it something about how she makes you feel?
starlordJuly 11, 2018 8:43pm
46 replies
You are on page out of 4
  • Why do some women go in the fwb for you and others for dating and relationships?
  • Certain ilk of person is required for FWB for sure.

Disorientated modicum of self worth is one.

Their relationship blueprint is something that they have endured emotionally. An emotionally distant mother or absent father.

People can assuage the abandonment through these kind of relationships.
  • If I get a bunch of angry feminists coming for me I got one thing to say.

Powerful choices are choices that keep you integrous.

There’s no fkn integrity when a guy is banging you part time and every other C that’s flying at him.

Sorry not sorry
  • nikkistar
    My moral compass acts like its in the Bermuda Triangle
    Can you clarify the question for me?

Are you asking what makes men chose to relegate certain women to FWB treatment, versus other women into relationship treatment?
  • Posted by Waterbearerwearer
    Certain ilk of person is required for FWB for sure.

Disorientated modicum of self worth is one.

People can assuage the abandonment through these kind of relationships.

Is this what you are thinking, when you meet woman and put her kn either fwb or dating for real box?
  • Posted by nikkistar
    Can you clarify the question for me?

• Posted by starlord
    Posted by Waterbearerwearer
    Certain ilk of person is required for FWB for sure.

Disorientated modicum of self worth is one.

People can assuage the abandonment through these kind of relationships.

Men treat you the way you let them.

Healthy boundaries and limit setting a predator can sniff out a mile off so he won’t try that bs on a women he knows will tell him to go eat a dik and die.
  • Lala1393
    I AM a Scorpio & I WILL eat you.Rising: Cancer/Moon Scorp/Venus: Scorp/Merc
    24 years old female from Paris, France
    Posted by Waterbearerwearer
    Certain ilk of person is required for FWB for sure.

Disorientated modicum of self worth is one.

People can assuage the abandonment through these kind of relationships.

🤔
    I feel like you really believe what you're saying here.
    So any person engaging in FWB relationships has Mummy or Daddy issues ?
    What ? Haha.
    Gosh that's the whole of France that has MAJOR parenting problems then.
  • I just don't get it. They say you get back what you pur out there. I didn't have sex or engaged in much flirting or anything for 1 and a half/ 2 years. First guy I meet and am attracted to sees me only as FWB. Just like ALL the others. I just don't get it. Must five out signals I don't know.

It's disheartening to always only be somebody's side choice, never first choice. They all want to date on the side. I say hell no, they say bye. From what I hear one is supposed to stick around.
    I hold back, I do the opposite, I have sex, I don't, I am upfront about what I want, I lay low, but results are ALWAYS ALWAYS the same. It's making me sad. I just don't get it. Basically.
  • nikkistar
    My moral compass acts like its in the Bermuda Triangle
    Posted by starlord
    Posted by nikkistar
    Can you clarify the question for me?

I cannot speak for the male populace, but can only offer a theory based off of my own actions.

Commitment is something I do not broach lightly. For me to commit to someone fully, there have to be extenuating things that allow for me to view you as a potential long term partner. If you do not have those traits, I may entertain you, so to speak, but you will be categorized as someone I don't see a future with, and really, you're just "fun". Someone I wouldn't really care about losing communication with, regardless of how you feel towards me. Those traits that I require in someone that I view as potential to date, will be different from my opposing gender. But I would probably guess that they are not too far off from my own wants.

1. What they bring into the relationship?
    2. Do their future wants align with my own?
    3. Would they have a positive impact to me life?
    4. Would I have a positive impact in their lives?

Those simple initial questions are what I usually use to determine if they quantify as dating material, and not "fun".

Now men, though also emotional, I find to also be at times more cerebral. I think the problem with women that are relegated to FWB status, are often times delusional about themselves. They often demand the man to be "top" of every list, while not expecting the same from themselves for the man. Some place far too much value in sexual favors, and often times think that trading that commodity equates to receiving a winning lottery ticket and that men should be grateful for the sex.

If you have nothing else to really offer a potential partner, other than what is between your legs (man or woman), then what is the point of wanting to date you? We, both men and women, can get that from anywhere else, besides you as well. You have to offer more than that. There is far too much competition in this world, so you have to show that you are an asset to them, just as they would be an asset to you as well.
  • I don’t get the whole FWB thing. I don’t have sex unless we are at least working towards something. What that is might be evolving, but to choose only sex and not the rest of a connection. No thanks.

Honestly OP I’d choose nothing rather than be treated as not good enough. I’d say have your standards or boundaries and stick to it. Should be about the person not the act. Otherwise it’s about the act.
  • Arielle83
    Good c.u.n.t.
    Certain men fall into fwb category for me:

1) easy lay, not a lot of effort to mate
    2) comes on too strong, but dick game is good
    3) lack of common interests, but dick game is good
    4) I’m too busy for a relationship; therefore, context of time and energy to put in
    5) if they’re hot and sexual, but dumb

Men for relationships:

1) if they market themselves for their intelligence rather than sex appeal. Harder to mate with = higher quality
    2) takes time to get to know. Interest grows
    3) common interests, mental connection
    4) if I’m ready to put effort into a relationship or I feel everything is secure in my life and can give to another.
    5) if they’re attractive and intelligent and able to evolve.

I’m sure it’s similar for men.

How you market yourself as sex versus high quality.

The side note is, not everyone wants s relationship or the timing isn’t right. Then a sexual release is all ppl might be after
  • Ellygant
    Ascendant in Clumsy, Sun/Mercury/Venus in Scary, Moon in Comfort, Mars in Giddy
    I have had a handful of fwb. Some were beautiful. Some were just pure fun. One was absolutely maddening.

To date I’ve never had one that didn’t morph/become or try to become some sort of relationship later.

Two did become actual relationships. Another said he didn’t want a relationship. Then said he did. Then said he didn’t. Then said he did. Then said I was crazy. Lol.

Two came back 1-2 years later and said they wanted to date me seriously, long after the fact. I declined both tho.

As far as why/how men classify I can’t really attest to that since two seemed disinterested but later switched to wanting something more stable.

But one of the two that came back later was pretty strict about people who he just treetrunked with versus those he didn’t. Idk why he had put me in some weird middle catagory. He didn’t ignore me or avoid me like he did a lot of other women. At the time of us hooking up he said he didn’t date so I took things for what they were and classified him as non dating myself I guess. Sex fizzled but he was still cool to talk to and now he comes back about once every 4 months or so looking to date.

Idk if this was any help lol. But it’s my experiences wandering around in the inbetween world of fwb lol.
  • Arielle83
    Good c.u.n.t.
    Posted by Lala1393
    Posted by Waterbearerwearer
    Certain ilk of person is required for FWB for sure.

Disorientated modicum of self worth is one.

People can assuage the abandonment through these kind of relationships.

🤔
    I feel like you really believe what you're saying here.
    So any person engaging in FWB relationships has Mummy or Daddy issues ?
    What ? Haha.
    Gosh that's the whole of France that has MAJOR parenting problems then.

Sometimes women just want the zipless fuvk
  • Posted by Lala1393
    Posted by Waterbearerwearer
    Certain ilk of person is required for FWB for sure.

Disorientated modicum of self worth is one.

People can assuage the abandonment through these kind of relationships.

🤔
    I feel like you really believe what you're saying here.
    So any person engaging in FWB relationships has Mummy or Daddy issues ?
    What ? Haha.
    Gosh that's the whole of France that has MAJOR parenting problems then.

France excluded hun