Cancer Men and Insecurity?

So after leaving my last cancer man because he was afraid to commit (he recently started contacting me again), I have begun dating another, yes, another cancer man--I don't know why but that is what I seem to attract.

Anyway, with this being my second cancer man I notice how insecure they can be. What do I need to do to help that? I was honest with the first one about my feelings and it seemed that when I told him how I felt about him, he backed off, but the minute I backed off, he was questioning if I still liked him. The same seems to be happening with this new cancer man. I truly don't understand. I know that they need space to figure out what their own feelings are--I am OK with that and am good at giving it to them, but it seems that when I give them the time they need, they start to question my feelings for them. I figured I better learn as much about the cancer man as that is what it seems are attracted to me lately. Added to that, I just LOVE the cancer man. The sweet nature, smile, stare--so endearing and I even find them adorable when they're being moody HELP!
@Sweetlibra34 -

I am dealing with the same situation with the cancer man I have been seeing for the past 3 months.
I was honest with my feelings and he started to pull back too. Since I have he has shown a little more interest. He keeps telling me to relax and that his head is elsewhere. The he tells me he is thinking about setting down and smiles at me. CONFUSING. Feels like I am playing red light, green light when I was a kid.
I just want to wait around on someone that doesn't know what he wants. He is 42 and that is just too old to be sooooo confused.
I started a topic for help myself. I think the Cancer guy is nice enough but it just seems like he is making too hard.
27 years old male from Sweden
Cancer male. Fear my painting skills!
Don't act so hasty to tell him or them about how feel about them.
Posted by Latingal415
Give him time to think about his feelings but keep checking on him. Cancers can be indecisive sometimes. We prefer you to be direct but some can get scared off and hide inside their shells until they figure out what they want. Cancers are very confusing ppl. I sometimes don't even understand myself_???

That's what I do with them--give them their space, but check on them every now and again. I have heard that sometimes the biggest battle Cancers deal with is trying to understand themselves. Thanks
Posted by woodenmeow
@Sweetlibra34 -

@woodenmeow--Wow! I'm beginning to wonder if we're not dating the same person, lol. My Cancer is also 42 years old and is playing the same exact game. I keep hearing myself say, "he's 42, he's too old to not know what he wants at this point!" I also think my Cancer is a super nice guy but he seems to be so unsure about everything. Every time I pull back, he comes around and asks if I still like him. It is so confusing. He's lucky he's cute, charming and a genuinely good guy or I would be done.
Posted by Karka
Don't act so hasty to tell him or them about how feel about them.

I don't tell them right away how I feel about them, me telling them usually comes after a comment that they have made questioning if I like them or not and even then I keep it simple like, "I like you and my time with you."
Super Gemini
I'm really confused by all this. In another thread Cancers are saying they constantly need reassurance. And here you guys are saying don't tell them you like them directly. WTF. So be reassuring but don't be too hasty in telling them how you feel? Makes no sense.
Geminibunny -

I was very honest with my Cancer guy n telling him I would like to spend more time and see what happens and if it turns into a relationship I am good with it. And all he keeps telling me is to relax, and that if I want him to be my boyfriend he can't give that to me right now. Not sure if it's a stalling method or if he is being genuine.
I have taken a step back. To protect myself at this point. I am too old to be chasing men.
Super Gemini
Every time I was ready to fall deeply madly in love with my Cancer guy he would pull some major passive aggressive stuff ie not speaking to me...or just being completely non-responsive...and then the cycle begins all over again with a bunch of apologies and promises to do better. He would ask me if I was the one who's over him...when he was pulling the silent treatment on me in the first place...

I really liked him...a lot...I did. In fact I still wish things were different. But it's just too painful at times.

Age doesn't make a difference....they can pull these stunts well into their 50s. I have a Cancer male friend in his 60s and still playing these games.

I think if you want this bad enough woodenmeow, then you just gotta go at it kamikaze style . Go for broke. All in. Don't be afraid of getting hurt or what not. It's a take it or leave it attitude. All the conventional dating rules go out the window with these guys.

if he is saying he doesn't want to be your "boyfriend" then be like ok whatever...and continue doing what you're doing. You have limits so stick to your guns if you're gonna say this is where you draw the line....wherever that line may be is your call.
"Cancer Sun Virgo Moon Taurus Ascendant Literatur
As you describe him as a "new man" this seems pretty normal to me. I can't speak for the fellas but this Cancer lady is slow to get into a relationship & slow to get out of one. In the beginning, I'll drive you nuts with the mixed messages because I'm afraid of getting hurt and don't know, at that point, if it's really what I want. Basically, it takes time and a lot of patience to be with a Cancer. Then again, real love slowly develops over time. Be patient and try to go with the flow and not psych things out this early. Once we get passed the rollercoaster of the first few months, it gets a lot better, assuming you really click. Good luck!
maybe it's that they are swayed so easily by feelings that they keep trying to understand and believe in love but not sure what love is or if it is real. wondering what can go wrong. my dad was a cancer guy, he was hot and cold. he loved my mom deeply and was romantic but he could also be a real grouch. he would often hide in his cancer shell when he was most upset and then would only show his crabbiest face when approached. but still waters run deep,they say cancers feel very vulnerable. so allow someone to relax and get to know you because they are also getting to know themselves at the same time.
Sun-Aries Moon-Libra Mercury-Aries Venus Pisces Mars-Gemini
I agree with you sweetlibra!! cancer men are wonderful!

Found some old posts that might help you! I trust them because some of the best advice I ever got were from virgo women so I trust her advice.

It is confusing though because you do get many contradictory advice some saying to ignore and some saying to not ignore. IMO though most of the relationships that crash and burn though is because the girl gives too much. Good luck and I hope your relationship works out!
male
"Hi there. Bored yet?
Posted by xtina
I agree with you sweetlibra!! cancer men are wonderful!

Those links are pretty good advice.
Don't detect any attempts to manipulate in them, which would really queer it for someone using the advice selfishly.
Sun-Aries Moon-Libra Mercury-Aries Venus Pisces Mars-Gemini
Posted by xMoonMan
Posted by xtina
I agree with you sweetlibra!! cancer men are wonderful!
On behalf of all Cancer men, Thank you.
You are now entitled to a complimentary glass of wine and a massage.

Why thank you . I accept the wine and I'll make a toast to all cancers: "May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful and don't forget to make some art (write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can) and somewhere in the next year I hope you surprise yourself"

Please write the name/names of some of your favorite books. I want to read some new things.
Share your favorite tattoos/tattoo ideas! Sidenote: I want to get an Aquarius tattoo but being an Aquarius, I don't want it to be stereotypical- go figure! -___- So any Aqua tat ideas appreciated as well. https://i.imgur.com/mMNYycI.jpg https:/
I had a dream last night that my Virgo FWB got me pregnant and I was freaking a little cause I am still married(seperated) and my husband and I haven't slept together in months..... so in my dream I was wondering if I should even tell the Virgo I was havi
Curious if there's any relevance to pulling a chart like this. Perhaps it would be like a synastry X's 2 chart ? Thoughts, Opine?
Ok, so a guy asked me whether I've been in love before. I said yes I have. He turns around and says : I wish that guy was me. What is he trying to tell me? Thank you for your help.
How do Sagittarius people take rejection when they feel blown off? What is the typical response?
Hi All, Ok so questions... I hear the top 5 planets when determining if a relationship will be successful is Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars.... Venus and Mars standing out more. I'm coming across guys who have harmonious and compatible Suns wi
Hey guys I've been on here on in off with my Cappy guy. Trying to tap mainly inside a general insight on a Cappy guys emotional mechanisms. It's been three years with my Cappy in a long distance relationship. It's had its challenges as my Cappy after a ye
just thought I make a thread for this question because I really like everybodys point of view on this subject. And you can be firm and honest with me. I won't bite. it's your opinion that matters. I won't judge you for it nor will I disagree with your opi
Would you agree that someone's aura intertwines with yours and can affect your energy because of your sexual encounters with them. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/18/2e/d8/182ed8187f04258dde3a604380331dea.jpg
Non-stop, except for gas. Awake 40+ hours straight. Pity I didn't kill myself driving off the road, asleep at the wheel. I'm disappointed. I don't remember 5 miles of it , though. That happens, and sometimes you'll drive for miles and be so exhaust
What is the dumbest sign/placement in your experience. I go with Capricorn, they have good discipline and work ethic but cannot think, IMO.
On vacay n the women in my group go jewlery shopping but only get card n item number so when they go hom their boyfriends will order n pay for them. The say no that's for them to pay. They both Asian with white men not sure if cultural ? I find it sick