A Lion Heart - The Curse of the Leo Moon

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3/17/2013 5:38:00 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

In a time long since passed, when dragons ruled over the earth with tyranny and fiery chaos…

Ah , who am I kidding? There were never dragons on this earth, neither did they have a tyrannical rule or create fiery chaos. However, since the beginning of time, there have been born to this earth, Leo moons.

Men like warriors, who walked the surface of our lands and set to fire in the coarse hearts of wicked souls, bringing rebellion in the face of tyranny, justice in the face of oppression, and love straight from the heart to all who need it were quite likely Leo moons. For, only a man bearing a light nearly as powerful as the peripheral shadow of the sun, can shine so bright in the darkness of the world - when the sun himself goes to sleep. And, it seems many a Leo moon are happy to be the light in the darkness of the world.

Yet, though the moon is a luminous body, it is, in and of itself, highly volatile under this placement. Can you blame her, though. The moon's receptivity to the sun allows her to draw his light to tend to the needs of the earth.

However, under the Leo constellation, the usually calm influence of the moon under Cancer (its own home) is lost to the overwhelming energy it draws from the sun and the demands of the zodiac ruler. Being alien to its nature, the moon squirms with a need to let out the steam that this energy overload has caused, fearing that, without this outlet, it might just explode.

And so, as is her duty, the moon turns her steam and glow unto all who bear this placement, and mirrors the fundamental ideals of the sun into their core. So, they must bear the spotlight, for it will shine on them whether they choose it or not.

But there is a catch.

Where Leo suns are free to frolic in the sun's light and play all day with very little worry for their provision, the Leo moon has been given no such privileges, unless he was born under the Leo sun as well.
Having been given a glimpse of the life the sun gives his own sons through the lenses of the moon, a person born in a different sun sign, but with this placement, soon begins to feel like the illegitimate child of the sun.

[cont]
3/17/2013 5:43:05 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

In his heart, he knows the ways of the child of the sun and understands the inherent light given them. Yet, because he was not born of the sun but given a taste of its haven, he has seen what is good, but might not have the necessary skills with which to handle the burn in his insides.

This, sadly, brings many a Leo moon to fore who have yet to understand the purpose of the show for which they stand in with a spotlight cast on their faces. Being unaccustomed to the sudden brightness, or ill at ease in the spirit, many falter and fumble without assurance as to how to proceed.

However, being imbued with mirrored traits of the sun, some may call on confidence to try to hold audiences captive long enough to do as the spirit of their sun sign wills, or try to usurp living in the blinding light of the sons of the sun.
3/17/2013 5:46:37 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

In a later post, I'll try to expand the various ways in which the different sun signs can work with a Leo moon to achieve some measure of harmony in spirit and in soul.

Maybe, we can have an extended exploration on creativity and how to unleash the beast from behind the barriers.

Also, I hope to add the different shortfalls they encounter, the karmic implications of continuing in a bad spotlight, and some of the possible consequences that they may face.

Maybe, I can even make it a series. We'll see…
3/17/2013 6:45:38 AM | More
firebunny

26 years old male

A virgo bunny with a LIONHEART...

My moon is in Leo and I can relate very well with everything you said.
3/17/2013 9:23:16 AM | More
seraph

36 years old male from Canada

First Decan, Mercurian and Venusian Leo.

I always love your illustrated write-ups, Jynj. Lovely layout.
3/17/2013 9:23:54 AM | More
seraph

36 years old male from Canada

First Decan, Mercurian and Venusian Leo.

Obviously, the content is gold, but you serve it up like a Leo.

3/17/2013 10:20:53 AM | More
tiziani

Very poetic and, more importantly, every Jynja piece makes room for entertainment and a sense of humour.
3/17/2013 10:23:17 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

Thanks

I was going to post a longer write up, but I asked Mr. Leo Moon to edit. He's a little busy for a while, so I'll have to wait a little till he's done and can get to it, then I'll post the thing in it's entirety. Hopefully

I'm glad it speaks to you, Firebunny. It is a hard placement disguised in shine and gold. It's not very easy to identify your needs and to express them. I hope this exploration will lead many Leo moons to unlock their hidden talents and expression.
3/17/2013 10:32:45 AM | More
beautifulsoul74

male from King Of December

Most people strive to achieve balance wi

Posted by Jynja
Thanks

I've already done it
3/17/2013 10:33:02 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

Posted by ands
Posted by Jynja
Thanks

it thought it was a good moon to have?

It is. It's a great moon to have if you're not struggling with doing what your heart tells you to do.
3/17/2013 10:34:40 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

Posted by beautifulsoul74
Posted by Jynja
Thanks

I've already done it

LOL Typical Mr Leo Moon

*smooches* Tiger

3/17/2013 10:42:33 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

Posted by ands
Jajaja yeah idk what that is either.

My moon is angular conj the mc. Im also cancer mc. Apex of 2 fixed t-squares.

Hahahaha... have you been listening to it closely?

But you also have it trine Merc...
Taur-Leo-Scorp... man, how do you feel walking down the street?
3/17/2013 10:42:43 AM | More
tiziani

Thundercats are Go!
3/17/2013 10:45:09 AM | More
tiziani

Also kind of makes me wonder if Richard Coeur de Lion was a Leo Moon.

And William Wallace.

Yes, it only takes a couple of words put in the right order for my mind to set off thinking about this stupid stuff.
3/17/2013 10:52:43 AM | More
Jynja

-- Cool. Calm. Confident --

Richard Coeur de Leon was most likely a Leo sun. Perhaps with a Pisces moon.

What comes easily to Leo suns doesn't always come easily for Leo moons.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8