Yet another attempt of a mafia game

Reeeeee Hi everyone, ET here and I wanna try to do another Mafia game if possible! Gonna readjust the amount of players and roles (As some roles aren't possible in a forum section such as ToS and in addition, the vanilla game which I base Mafia off
EtherealTravelerMay 20, 2018 1:20am
20 replies
You are on page out of 2
  • EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Reeeeee

Hi everyone, ET here and I wanna try to do another Mafia game if possible!

Gonna readjust the amount of players and roles (As some roles aren't possible in a forum section such as ToS and in addition, the vanilla game which I base Mafia off has 15 players max, and I wanna make it bigger)

If you wanna sign up, comment here Big Grin

30.

Will post Role Lists a bit later on
  • ACsquarepluto
    ☀︎♊️ 🌔♐️ 🌅♌️
    I'll join
  • EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    BASIC ROLE LIST (WILL BE UPDATED WITH WHAT THE ROLES DO LATER)

This is assuming there's 30 people:

Jester
    Serial Killer
    Werewolf
    Pirate
    Pestilence
    Secret role Big Grin

Not the best balancing but this should make for a fast paced game... Will post descriptions of roles soon!
  • NostalgicCappyy
    INFJ
    I'm in
  • xoxflute
    🐼
    When do you plan to start?
  • EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

• EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Posted by xoxflute
    When do you plan to start?

When at least 18 people join
  • xoxflute
    🐼
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

To this day I'm still not convinced that normal townies are required in a game, there are roles that have functions similar to a normal townie but I mean a normal townie feels boring otherwise, I mean the game I'm based off on doesn't have townies without roles so that worked out click to expand

• EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

It's more difficult for the Mafia team though. Cuz Townies can just ask what is the name of the role you got and if you claimed a name that has already been claimed, you put a big target on your back right off the bat and you may not be privy to the same information as the other person who claimed the same role. click to expand

One can always lie and provide fake proof

Let's say I'm the sheriff and I checked and asked you and Acsquarepluto what your roles are

You both claim lookout, you show fake evidence about going to marshmellow's house and seeing that acsquarepluto visited and the following morning marshmellow died because you happen to also kill marshmellow the same night

• xoxflute
    🐼
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

One can always lie and provide fake proof

And therefore acsquarepluto's evidence will be less convincing! Like the idea is to promote talks and hysteria like this click to expand

The problem lies with what information I'm not privy to, imo.

• EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

One can always lie and provide fake proof

The problem lies with what information I'm not privy to, imo.

Like if I'm mafia and you're sheriff, and I try to claim lookout. I do not know if the real lookout had been confirmed or not. Because the townies have to yet to trust me, they are not going to volunteer that info. Especially here, if I say that I visited Instant and Instant also wounds up dead afterwards, that makes me look very suspicious. click to expand

• xoxflute
    🐼
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

One can always lie and provide fake proof

The problem lies with what information I'm not privy to, imo.

Well my alternative solution is to make some of the duplicated town roles be random town instead, meaning that they can be any one of the above town roles I wrote down click to expand

How does the random townie role work?
  • EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

One can always lie and provide fake proof

The problem lies with what information I'm not privy to, imo.

How does the random townie role work? click to expand

A random townie can basically have a chance to be any towny role, like the towny roster could have 4 doctors instead of the guaranteed 1 doctor because its all random, or there can be 2 more sheriffs and 1 more veteran

• xoxflute
    🐼
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

One can always lie and provide fake proof

The problem lies with what information I'm not privy to, imo.

How does the random townie role work? click to expand

This is to add RNG into the game, like in a game where there is 1 sheriff, 1 investigator and 6 random townies, the actual townie roster can be 4 sheriffs and 4 investigators, or 2 sheriffs and 6 investigators. click to expand

• EtherealTraveler
    If light cannot escape me, what hope have you?
    18 years old male
    Posted by Squishy_Marshmallow
    No normal Townies?

One can always lie and provide fake proof

The problem lies with what information I'm not privy to, imo.

How does the random townie role work? click to expand

So like say if the RNG picks me as a random townie, then you'd use the RNG again to determine what townie role I get? click to expand

Basically yes, to keep options open and that confirming is a lot harder
  • Women's Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike

The Diamondback Serene Classic was designed to bring back the freedom of riding a bike.

Recent Games Topics