@MyStarsShine
10 Years25,000+ Posts
Posted by MyStarsShine
Posted by nanochip
Most of the people I have met in Ohio have never left Ohio 💀 like imagine this god forsaken place being all that you know……. 🤦🏼♀️ in fact, a lot of places locally will look at you and talk to you as if you’re retarded or an alien if you don’t know things the locals would, like about the area. It doesn’t compute in their little heads that a person might be from outside Ohio and that they might just, in fact, leave Ohio one day too! Weird, closed minded people up here for sure.
Also when I was living in Arkansas, a chilis waitress reported my ex bf’s passport to her manager and denied him a beer because she informed us with confidence that she suspected he had fraudulent identification. It was a Belgian passport………. I honestly wish I was making this up.Are they like redneck mentality?
click to expand
Not necessarily, mostly just simple people with simple desires and needs. They don’t see a need to do it because they are content where they are in life, never knowing other cultures and being exposed to new places. These type of people find comfort in the every day routines and don’t do well in stressful, decision making situations, new environments, or generally respect other cultures so it’s probably for the best anyway.
Posted by nanochip
Most of the people I have met in Ohio have never left Ohio 💀 like imagine this god forsaken place being all that you know……. 🤦🏼♀️ in fact, a lot of places locally will look at you and talk to you as if you’re retarded or an alien if you don’t know things the locals would, like about the area. It doesn’t compute in their little heads that a person might be from outside Ohio and that they might just, in fact, leave Ohio one day too! Weird, closed minded people up here for sure.Also when I was living in Arkansas, a chilis waitress reported my ex bf’s passport to her manager and denied him a beer because she informed us with confidence that she suspected he had fraudulent identification. It was a Belgian passport………. I honestly wish I was making this up.
I thought mainly Utah and Idaho scared me. Now the entire midwest seems concerning.
@SassyKiwi Just booked my flight to Rome. Only going to be gone for 2 weeks. My friend’s wedding is in buttfuck nowhere Italy. Almost exactly between Rome and Naples. So I’ll start in Rome and end in Naples. That will be close to Herculaneum and Pompeii. I know there is so much to see but I’m going to enjoy it and try to relax and not make myself crazy(er). 🙃
Discover insights, swap stories, and find people. dxpnet is where experiences turn into understanding.
Create Your Free Account →
Well rid!
He never grew up
You deserve a man, not a silly boy.