Let's talk brands

I'm sure US and Europa have different notions on the types of elements that wear the different brands and labels of clothing. Let's hear it. What are you wearing now? What are you judging hard?
enfant_terribleNovember 13, 2017 2:01am
63 replies
You are on page out of 5
  • enfant_terrible
    "Leo Sun. Taur Asc. Cancer Moon
    32 years old male from United Consciousness of Yugoslavia
    I'm sure US and Europe have different notions on the types of elements that wear the different brands and labels of clothing. Let's hear it. What are you wearing now? What are you judging hard?
  • enfant_terrible
    "Leo Sun. Taur Asc. Cancer Moon
    32 years old male from United Consciousness of Yugoslavia
    Hugo Boss I don't know if this is a major player in the rest of the world but in Sweden it's mostly associated with  gangsta wannabes, like the lowest life forms walking the streets, usually Arabs, Albanians and a few other Balkan groups. It's basically AXE of clothing. I wouldn't be caught dead in a sweater with BOSS typed all over it. Exclusively for ghetto folks who want to 'feel' expensive.

Gant This is like the pampered version of the above. If Boss is for the henchmen, Gant is for the heads of the local syndicate. Not totally against it cuz they have nice stuff every now and then.

Tommy / Hilfiger Denim I like their collection, especially t-shirts and sweaters, even though it strikes me as a kinda douchy brand.  Only objection is the quality, I've torn one or two new sweaters/t-shirts after a moderately wild night out & in the washing machine. I like their shirts too.

"Polo" Ralph Lauren Love their shirts. Perfect fit, nice variety, great quality. I could pick one blindfolded and trust that it will look good on me.

Levis Not a fan of their jeans, but as far as denim shirts go they're #1 in my book.  As jeans go I'm all for Wrangler and Diesel atm.

Calvin Klein Some of their sweaters and underwear are timeless, I own a few.  The most treetrunked up thing is I once found a pair of their underwear in a catalogue and it said "no machine, no drycleaning, no handwash". So you only wear them once then? lol

• enfant_terrible
    "Leo Sun. Taur Asc. Cancer Moon
    32 years old male from United Consciousness of Yugoslavia
    Posted by LePetitFisk
    I dunno. I shop everywhere. I go more for how it looks on me than specific brands.

Yeah I never were a brand phag and never understood ppl like that... but lately I'm coming back to certain brands. It's like following a tv-show, you want to see what the next episode will be like. "What have they cooked up now?"

Also, it's intresting to know what the fashion's like among mortals in other places but also discovering new brands I've never heard of.
  • UrsaMediocre
    you are not mandem, you are not gang
    male from Chicago
    Wearing right this minute:
    -ASOS Long t-shirt
    -Nike Paris St. Germain track pants

What I usually wear:
    -oversized sweaters
    -skinny jeans
    -gym shoes/sneakers

What I'm judging lol:
    -Suburban teenagers wearing Supreme & Adidas Yeezy sneakers. It's ironic, these herbs wearing streetwear when there's nothing street about the burbs. I bet these kids would get lost trying to use public transit, even w/ Google Maps.
    -Girls who wear tight white pants. I'm torn because I don't like the look but women who wear them usually got a crazy booty.
    -UGGs. I bet they'd have a massive increase in sales if you could buy them w/ Starbucks gift cards.
    -Designer belts with big buckles. I used to want the burgundy Ferragamo belt with the rose gold buckle until every drug dealer & gangbanger started wearing those, the LV ones w/ the matching key pouch, Gucci, or Fendi ones in Chicago. It looks tacky when dudes are wearing a long shirt but it's tucked in the front just to show off the buckle.
    -The North Face is the quintessential Midwest uniform, but it's so pedestrian. On the contrary, The North Face's Purple Label (Japan) & White Label (Korea) is extremely smart, modern, stylish, & has way better silhouettes, kind of like Carhartt vs Carhartt Work In Progress (their streetwear subsidiary).

I wish we had GU (Japan), 8seconds (Korea), & River Island (UK) locations in the US and I wish we had a COS in Chicago.
  • WarAngel1
    The man, the legend.
    38 years old male from San Antonio, TX, USA
    What ever is on sale at JC Pennys and Macys.

Who gives a butter at the end of the day?
  • Drunksecs
    Don't let the world get the best of you
    is this a serious comparison

America is the microwave TV dinner of the fashion world

Europeans wear leather
    Americans wear poly blend

• UrsaMediocre
    you are not mandem, you are not gang
    male from Chicago
    Posted by sierra_
    Posted by UrsaMediocre

yeah i'm judging hard too

like when kanye introduced this:

User Submitted Image

and i thought...

"Yeah, I've always wanted to pay good money to look like a slave girl from Tatooine."

He didn't bring anything new to the table, pretty much Rick Owens, Haider Ackermann, & Raf Simons silhouettes in The Matrix pallette.

User Submitted Image

Air max shoe
    Green Calvin Klein wallet
    39 dollar glasses
  • hydorah
    - Top Intellect
    46 years old male
    I don't think peopple really care that much about brands in the first world if they're middle class or above
  • hydorah
    - Top Intellect
    46 years old male
    they like cool and cheap butter, and the really rich only wear handmade
  • UrsaMediocre
    you are not mandem, you are not gang
    male from Chicago
    Posted by hydorah

Tell that to my clients. I was shopping for a clients' daughter for an LV luggage piece & I was explaining how they might be implementing dimension changes for certain airlines in 2018. She gave me the stank face & said "ummm I don't fly commercial." #mustbenicecookiemonster
  • hydorah
    - Top Intellect
    46 years old male

The user who posted this message has hidden it.

• enfant_terrible
    "Leo Sun. Taur Asc. Cancer Moon
    32 years old male from United Consciousness of Yugoslavia
    Posted by hydorah
    they like cool and cheap butter, and the really rich only wear handmade

I don't see it as a matter of price or whether it's handmade or not. I will buy any brand for any cheap price as long as it pleases my eyes and I feel comfortable wearing it. Too expensive gets too douchy though cuz it's usually some minimalist looking butter that neither looks or feels the price.

Like I said, to me it's like awaiting the next P.T. Anderson film or whatever. You wait for the new Hilfiger sweaters or the Ralph Lauren shirts to see what they've come up with. It's not even about brand loyalty, it's like admiring a piece of art.
  • hydorah
    - Top Intellect
    46 years old male
    Generally the cheap brands are from the same chinese sweatshops who manufacture the pricey brands, they have the same material and more creative freedom.
    You get actually more interesting stuff from them
  • enfant_terrible
    "Leo Sun. Taur Asc. Cancer Moon
    32 years old male from United Consciousness of Yugoslavia
    Posted by hydorah
    You get actually more interesting stuff from them

Well it's the designers that are the visionaries, it's their design, no? Not the chinese sweatshops

Recent Miscellaneous Topics